Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dogfish 90 Minute IPA (9% ABV)

I've written about this beer before on this blog as I often used to pick up a bottle our six at Jubille in the UWS when L. and I were 'Noo Yawkers', which seems like several lifetimes and trouser-sizes ago now.
It was one of the first American beers I discovered whilst living in the States, so having a bottle of it in my hands once again makes me somewhat sentimental for several reasons.
An example of the 'over-hopped' US IPA style that has conquered all before it in the brewing world, I drank this at room temperature, which on reflection was something of a mistake. All the hop characteristics were amped up a notch by doing so, but so was the beer's sweetness, which I found less rewarding.
A 90 mark for old times sake which this particular tasting probably didn't merit; I will take my next bottle a few degrees cooler.

No comments: